Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Cry Of The Sea-Bird In The Wind

The Cry Of The Sea-Bird In The Wind
I was now down at the ocean the other day and had some bread , was eating and feeding the birds , the small one and some large sea birds
The bench I was on was looking to the sea the the bird sat across looking to me ,I would send out a small piece of bread on the ground
than some of the sea birds started to fly over my head and stop, hovering so I throw up a piece of bread and the bird got it and few off
this started a change of events now one sea bird after another few up over my head , they stopped and waited for me and the bread than the next
one after another the change of event started some birds stoped and missed the prize and went this side or that than came the next so on
and so on until the bread was gone, was nice to see the birds wings out and over me I could look up into the bird face and eyes and see
the birds were safe in the air but needed the food , not having to be on the ground we just had a understanding the exchange was each bird had a feeling giving me something respect for what they are and what they need we I was not just throwing them something I was showing understanding what giving was and being given back respect by the birds for respecting them.
Sometimes murmurs floats into the air like fate as a dead leaf reasonably demands returning to a tree or the cry of the sea-bird in the wind



by Timothy Dougherty

No comments:

Post a Comment